I was born and raised in Sheboygan, one of 4 kids. Growing up, my family didn’t have much but my Mom did everything she could to give me and my siblings a shot at something more. After my parents' split, she worked three jobs for a couple years just to make ends meet. There were many nights where I didn’t see my mom for more than a hug and a kiss goodnight. But even at 13 years old, I knew that no parent should have to work 3 jobs just to support their children. So, I made a promise that I would dedicate my life to ensuring that no one would have to go through the same struggles that my mother did.
I attended Marquette University, where I served as President of the student body and graduated at the top of my class. Professionally, I’ve helped hospitals improve patient care with new digital tools and made insurance more efficient at Acuity. In the community, I serve as a member of the Sheboygan Area School District School Board, as the President of Habitat for Humanity Lakeside, and volunteered with the Wisconsin Recovery Community Organization to help those suffering from opioid addiction.
But the more people I meet, the more I still find struggling like my Mother did. More young parents forced to take a second or third job to make ends meet. More families struggling with the cost of healthcare. More young people overburdened with student debt hoping that one day they’ll make enough to buy a house and start a family of their own.
It’s why I’m running for Senate, because the families of this district deserve a Senator that will champion family-supporting wages, strong public schools, and affordable healthcare for all Wisconsinites.
After earning his bachelor’s degree at Marquette University and working with hospitals all over the country to improve patient care with new digital tools, Kyle came home to Sheboygan to serve the community where he grew up.
- Kyle is a member of the Sheboygan Area School District School Board. As a member of the School Board, Kyle has championed Academic and Career Planning to ensure every student is career and life ready upon graduation.
- Kyle is the President of Habitat for Humanity Lakeside, building homes for families in need throughout the county.
- Kyle serves on the Sheboygan Housing Rehabilitation Commission, helping working families repair their homes with zero interest loans.
- Kyle serves on the Mead Public Library Board of Trustees, helping to provide the community with access to vital programs and services.
- As a past board member of the Wisconsin Recovery Community Organization (WIRCO), Kyle was instrumental in helping to start fighting the opioid epidemic in Sheboygan.
- Kyle was recognized by the Chamber of Commerce in 2017 as one of Sheboygan County’s top 10 young professionals.